Tuesday, June 21, 2011

finally here in INDIA!






Wow! What a day! I am having a hard time knowing where to start!! Definitly a trip already full of blessings! First of all, Elder Richard G. Scott was on my flight from Chicago to Chennai and I got to talk to him for almost ten minutes after our flight! I wish I had of thought of a question to ask him or something... I will think of that for next time I run into an apostle?! He talks to you face to face just like he talks to all of us in general conference- just very sweet and loving. ... twenty hours later we landed in Chennai (some of the other volunteers ended up being on my flight)! We got picked up from the hotel in Chennai early this morning and drove for about 2-3 hours to the boarding school for the children from the colonies. Just driving here made me so grateful for everything that I have. The streets are beautiful, but in a very unique way. Everything around you is bright, beautiful, and loud. Even when we flew in at one in the morning, there were hundreds of people still running around! The pictures only lightly brush the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment